Shoreline Golf Links Local Rules
The USGA Rules of Golf govern all play and are supplemented by the following local rules (rule 33-8).
(1) Movable obstructions: Stones in bunkers are defined as movable obstructions (Appendix I, Part B, 5-b).
(2) Immovable obstructions Close to Putting Green: If a ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and an immovable obstruction on or within two club-lengths of the putting green and within two club-lengths of the ball intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole. Relief may be taken under Rule 24-2. (Appendix 1, Part B, 6).
(3) Protection of Burrowing Owls: Holes and casts made by burrowing owls and ground squirrels are deemed to be Ground Under Repair, from which play is PROHIBITED. Mandatory relief MUST be taken under Rule 25-1b.
(4) Water hazards (other than lateral water hazards) are defined by yellow stakes or lines, pursuant to Rule 26. When playing from the red tee on Hole #17, the water hazard is defined as a lateral water hazard (Rule 26).
(5) Lateral water hazards are defined by red stakes or lines (Rule 26).
(6) Water hazards; Ball played Provisionally: If there is doubt whether a ball is in or is lost in the water hazard, the player may play another ball provisionally under Rule 26-1. If the original ball is found outside the water hazard, that ball is in play. If the original ball is found in the water hazard, the player can choose to play either it or the provisional ball. If the original ball is not found the provisional ball must be played. (Appendix I, Part B, 1).
(7) Ball drops (Optional) have been established on Holes #4, #11 and #17.
(8) Out of bounds is defined by white stakes and boundary fencing.
(9) Preservation of the course: Planted areas adjacent to the tees of Holes #3 and #15 and tree wells at staked trees on the course are defined as Ground Under Repair from which play is PROHIBITED. Relief MUST be taken pursuant to Rule 25-1.
(10) Embedded Ball Rule: “Through the green,” a ball which is embedded in its own pitch-mark in the ground, except in loose sand, may be lifted without penalty, cleaned and dropped as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole (Appendix I, Part B, 4).
(11) Waterfowl Fencing and other devices installed around the lakes are to protect the greens from migratory birds. Relief is available within the hazard, at no penalty, or outside the hazard, under penalty of one stroke, pursuant to provisions of “Temporary Immovable Obstructions” (Appendix I, Part B, 7- IIIb).
(12) Distance-Measuring Devices that measures distance only may be used per Rule 14-3.
Notes: (A) All yardage markers are measured to the center of the green; all par-four and par-five holes have pairs of Kirby markers in the fairway from 75-225 yards, 150-yard bushes in the rough and 100-150-200 yard reflectors (red/white/blue) on the cart paths; (B) Shoreline Golf links may use/blended reclaimed water (tertiary effluent) for golf course irrigation purposes; (C) Minimum (environmentally-approved) levels of chemical elements are used in maintaining turf grasses on the course; (D) Please be aware of windsurfers and boating activities alongside the tenth fairway.